The predatory journals are publishing the equivalent of many reputed journals, which is probably even more difficult to spot. These are the global threat that accepts articles for publication along with authors’ fees. However, some exit spots are usually left uncovered by these predatory journals, making them easier to spot.
The list below has shown a few of the exit spots we have discussed above:
- If the paper contains several grammatical as well as spelling errors in the journal, then this will raise the doubt bar about the success of your journal.
- Take a look at the published images. If the quality and resolution are too low and below the publication standard you need to worry.
- If the publications offer various scopes unrealistic or above the feasible amount to a greater extent, then it may be proven as a concern point.
- There are some kinds of journals, that send luring emails to the authors attracting them to publish in that particular journal. Make your order after adequate research and be aware of fake journals. Double-check the journal before your submission.
- Check the about, aims, and scope section of the journal, whether the journal is peer-reviewed or not.
- Some journals assure publication once you submit your article. They may be the Predator journals type.
- To know the presence have a thorough look on the Editorial Board page. Check out the contact details of the Editor.
- Match the journal name with the scope of publication.
- Check once, if the journal has the following appropriate things with it.
The author of the journal needs to think, and analyze the paper well and then go for the submission part so that their research work will not just dumped into any predatory journals.