SEO is the practice of optimizing a website for higher rankings in some popular search engines like Google. This article is going to be your Complete SEO Guide for your website. You might have heard about SEO but understanding “what is SEO” is different. The important point is how you can leverage SEO to help drive more organic traffic, leads, sales, and ultimately revenue and profit for your website.
Almost all of us search for different things on the internet. Traffic plays an extremely powerful role in a business. So if you are up to online business and people are searching for any manner of things directly related to your business, SEO is the key. Through SEO you can gather more and more traffic to your page. Moreover, SEO builds that bridge between your customers or readers and your website.
Major Aspects of SEO:
There are three major aspects of SEO:
- Technical stuff – It includes all the technical aspects you need to cover for SEO optimization. It is often referred to as on-page SEO.
- Great content – It is the soul of the website. Let us tell you that, it is the most important part. Always remember that Low-quality content = no visitors = No ranking.
- Quality backlinks – backlinks increase the authority of your website. You need to gain authority on your web page with a perfectly optimized website. It is the last ingredient to make your SEO Guide perfect.
Beginners Guide to SEO: What Works for Driving Traffic from Search Engines?
First of all, you must remember one thing Google is the dominant player in the search results that your website would want to show up in. It is responsible for most of the search engine traffic in the world. However, regardless of what search engine you use, search results are constantly changing.
Google’s algorithm is extremely complex and to excel in SEO guide, you need to dive deeper into how Google ranks sites. To be very specific, Google searches for pages containing high-quality, relevant information about the query of the searcher and the content is relevant to what the searcher is looking for, mostly based on the keywords it contains.
Here are some additional elements that are weighed by Google’s algorithm to determine your site rank.
- How people are engaged with your site
- Do they find any relevant information on your page
- Do they stay on your site, or bounce back to the search page and click on another link?
- The loading speed of your website
- How much unique content you have
- low-value content or duplicate content
The first step in search engine optimization is to determine what it is you are optimizing for which means identifying the terms people are searching for. It means the keywords you are using in the content help to rank higher. There are a few key factors to focus on while determining the keywords you want to target on your site for better SEO;
- Search Volume – It is the first factor to consider while finalizing your keyword list. Look into the number of people who are searching for a given keyword. The more people are searching for a keyword, the bigger will be the audience you stand to reach.
- Relevance – Then come to the second stage of keyword analysis. Analyze the frequency of the term and then determine whether it is completely relevant to your prospects. This might intuitively seem like a great description of what you do.
- Competition – It means understanding the relative competition and likelihood of ranking for specific terms.
Google works on the algorithm to better understand the actual meaning of a page and it also de-emphasizes the aggressive and manipulative use of keywords, including the term and some related terms that you have used to rank. It only counts for the valuable keywords in your pages. And the most impactful place you can put your best keyword is the title of your page. The title tag is not your page’s primary headline it is what you can see at the very top of your browser. This tag is populated by your page’s source code in a meta tag.
While the title tag is effectively your search listing’s headline, the meta description is very important to your site’s additional ad copy. Though your meta description may not always be mandatory and visible, if you have a compelling description of your page that would make folks searching likely to click, you can get great traffic.
The body content of your page is very important to get good traffic. You must concentrate on the content asset that lots of folks want to see. There are a few things about SEO content to keep in mind:
- Thick & Unique Content – There is no magic number in terms of word count that will present you with good traffic. If you have content of few words on your site with a handful of information and keyword insertion you won’t be falling out of Google’s good graces. But it is always recommended to identify a way to “thicken” your pages, or check your analytics to see how much traffic they’re getting.
- Engagement – Google is increasingly weighting engagement and user experience metrics more heavily. You need to make sure that your content answers the questions searchers are asking. Because this is the reason the visitors are likely to stay on your page and engage with your content. Another thing you need to think about is the speed of your website”. Just make sure your pages load quickly. Don’t impose any loud design elements such as overly aggressive ads above the content, because that would be likely to turn searchers off and send them away.
- Sharable Quality – You need to be careful not to roll out large quantities of pages that have thin content, you want to consider who would be likely to share and link to any other new pages you are creating on your site before you roll them out.
Content Marketing & Link Building:
There are several ways to get links to your site. But due to recent security updates, the search engines have become more and more sophisticated; many of them have become extremely risky too. If you are trying to create links specifically to manipulate Google rankings doesn’t create any other value for your business if the search engine algorithms shift and your rankings disappear. So you need to develop a more sustainable approach to link your website focusing on more general, sustainable marketing approaches such as creating and promoting useful content.